Come and Encounter Jesus!
What Is An Encounter?
An Encounter is a dramatic experience that completely changes the course of our lives. All of us have already experienced many important milestones, or encounters, in our lives: falling in love and getting married, being accepted into a university, obtaining a job, etc. But of all the encounters we could have, the most important one is an encounter with the living God! Matthew 16:26 says, "What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul?"
An Encounter Retreat presents a series of experiences and personal teachings that result in visible, manifested change in the lives of all who participate. It offers people an environment and opportunity that allows them to discover how to establish their relationship with God, how to have direct fellowship with Him, and how to commit to His Lordship in their lives. Participants are given the opportunity to know and accept Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior and to receive assurance of that fact. They are taught the truths of the Gospel and experience forgiveness of sin, deliverance from bondage, emotional and physical healing, and restoration of self-worth and value. They also learn how to walk in the blessings of a covenant relationship with God and His family.
The Four-Fold Purpose Of The Encounter:
1. To destroy the works of teh enemy in the life of the believer (both past and
2. To help restore the God-given personality of the believer (settling the identity
3. To heal broken relationships damaged or destroyed by sin.
4. To impart vision and direction, dealing with commitments to marriage, family,
church and plave of employment.
What Can I Expect From An Encounter?
1. Repentance (Psalm 51:3-4): The Encounter provides the perfect time and place to get right with God in any way you need to. Your repentance will be characterized by a change in life and attitude, not just by sorrow or emotional feelings of regret.
2. New Direction (Matthew 4:18-20): Peter and Andrew left behind all the old and familiar to launch out into the deep waters of following the Lord. It can be tha same for you as well. The Encounter is your opportunity to start afresh on a new course, no matter what your past has been like.
3. Transformed Character (Genesis 32:1-8; Revelation 2:1-7): You will be forever changed in your innermost being if you allow the Lord to work in your life as He desired during the Encounter.
4. Renewed Love (Ephesians 3:14-21; Revelation 2:1-7): If you will let God, He will position you for the calling set before you and you will find yourself falling in love with Him all over again. You will be able to walk with the fire and authority of your "first love" as you search out the path He has for your life.
Preparing Yourself Spiritually For The Encounter
The most important thing you can do to get yourself ready for a spiritually successful Encounter is to consciously, intentionally develop an attitude of openness and transparency before the Lord.
In the days leading up to the Encounter, make a deliberate step to remain pliable as you begin surrendering to what the Holy Spirit is preparing you for. Ask Him to remove any and all pre-conceived ideas from your mind and enable you to go as a clean empty vessel waiting to be filled. Allow the Lord to stir up an expectancy in you that you will indeed encounter Him on your weekend.
How Do I Sign Up For An Encounter Retreat?
We have seperate retreats for men and women. All retreats run from Friday night through Saturday evening. For specific dates and costs, please call the church office at 770-478-4477.